Sarasota Memorial and Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital collaborate to provide exceptional care for children. The SMH team of pediatric specialists ensure access to the most advanced care in the nation. Pediatric hospitalists – board-certified, specialty physicians trained in infant, child and adolescent medicine, take care of the littlest patients along with SMH nurses who rank among the top 1% in the nation.
For our community’s tiniest patients, the Healthcare Foundation has been there with funds for:
- High-tech ‘Giraffe’ Omnibeds for premature infants
- A special ‘music room’ for pediatric patients
- “Sensory Stations” to help entertain, engage and distract pediatric patients during treatments
- Professional development of the nursing staff.
- Healthy Start Prenatal and Postnatal Education